The Public Relations Specialist (PRS) assists in the development of communications programs in
support of client objectives and executes those programs in cooperation with other agency
professionals. PRS also provides administrative support to the Director of PR and/or VP of PR.
● Assist in the preparation and implementation of PR programs for agency clients. • Serve as
backup client contact in the coordination of agency work for clients.
● Gather input (campaign, program and project) from the client in conjunction with other
agency professionals and communicate it through written materials including news releases,
conference reports, service orders, etc.
● Work with the news media to generate publicity for client businesses and/or products or
community relations efforts.
● Assist in planning and organization of client-related programs and special events.
● Coordinate with agency departments (i.e. creative, research, traffic) as appropriate to ensure
that client projects are completed on strategy, on time and within budget.
● Support the PR department by compiling monthly reporting and analytics for all clients. •
Prepare and maintain agency and client-specific media lists and databases.
● Prepare and distribute client/agency communications (i.e. news releases, feature stories,
newsletters, news clips, etc.).
○ Gather and maintain clip (print and broadcast) files for clients and agency.
○ Provide administrative support to the PR department, Director of PR and VP of PR,
including running errands and other support as needed to ensure client and
○ Prepare and submit time reports on a weekly basis (or as required by supervisor). •
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of PR.
● Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university desired, but not required as long as
candidate has appropriate experience.
● Three to six years of related work experience in public relations required.
Ability to read, write and comprehend sometimes-complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to internal and external
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes involved
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations.
Normal office environment/work remote capabilities. May occasionally travel to visit clients or run
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
In line with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we ask that all applicants do not include their
photo in any submissions (i.e. portfolio, resume, etc.).
Powered by Recooty