As a Researcher in Computer Science, your role focuses on conducting research in areas of machine learning, computer vision and/or deep learning to help deliver insights and new knowledge to our clients. As a driver of research, you will be responsible for exploring how clients can leverage AI to solve problems, as well as creating and executing research projects around these explorations. You will be responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of the research, from the initial hypothesis to conclusion.
- Develop AI-based research problems based on client needs
- Prepare a research and development plan based on proposed projects
- Conduct research into projects, and liaise with client development team
- Create prototype algorithms to demonstrate research efficacy
- Document research findings
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics
- Strong background in statistics, mathematics
- Well versed in deep learning (GAN, Siamese, CNN, RNN etc), reinforcement learning
- Understanding of natural language processing, computer vision and spatial concepts
- Experienced with scientific computer libraries such as matplotlib, scikit-learn, NumPy, TensorFlow, Caffe, etc.
- Experience with development tools such as Eclipse, Visual Code, Git, JIRA
- Exposure to relational, graph and object databases
- Familiar with Agile management and development methodologies
- A start-up work environment and exposure to the Canadian start-up scene
- A transparent work culture that values team communication
- A multidisciplinary team with entrepreneurial and academic experience
- Competitive salary
Crater Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.